Sunday, August 14, 2011

Under the Stars

Every night I go to sleep under the stars....
I look up to the glowing lights from the stars that hang in the empty black space floating above me, trying to look beyond those stars to see what else is out there. But that is not the case. Instead, I see you. 
I fall asleep under the stars, thinking of you.


Every night you walk into my mind, running circles in my thoughts. When I finally fall asleep, whatever dreams that I may have, I don't remember when I finally wake up. Instead of waking up and reminiscing about the dreams I had or thinking about the things I have to do, I think about you. I wonder if you texted me...if you called me. But when I roll out of bed and check my phone, I realize that was just a dream within itself. For the rest of the day, you walk right into my thoughts as if you owned them. I could be doing any meaningless task, not evening thinking about you and you join me in my mind and never left.


Under the full moon, I look up and all I see is you. I wonder if you are looking at what I see, the beauty of this moon. The crisp, cool night air brushed against my face while I look at the moon, thinking about how the beauty of this glowing, full moon doesn't even compare to you. 


The more I think about you, the more I realize that you are becoming more of a dream than a reality. I just have to stop looking up at the stars looking for what is beyond the stars and just see them for what they are, see the reality that I am surrounded with.


Every night I go to sleep under the stars....

No comments:

Post a Comment